- Understand company needs to define system specifications and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to the development teams, oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods, address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- 07 years of experience in SAAS, PAAS, or Distributed Systems engineering, architecture, and design.
- Experience having designed and architected cloud-based service model
- Industry current coding ability
Who is an ideal fit:
- Your career spans 07+ years and reflects proficiency in implementing complex, highly available systems.
- You have utilized at least one cloud-based host (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- You view the -aaS hierarchy, containerization, and 12-Factor as core to your approach.
- You have put into practice a petascale enterprise data strategy. You can elaborate on the challenges of aggregating information from disparate sources into a data lake, warehouse, or materialized reporting views.
- You understand the basics of micro-batch and stream processing with engines like Apache Spark, Flink, Kafka, or Storm, and how to employ them to solve problems like ETL and machine learning.
- You are well-versed in various messaging patterns, such as request-reply, pub-sub, fan-out, and when to use them.
- You demonstrate proven expertise with a wide variety of storage technologies, from Oracle and PostgreSQL to NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Cassandra.
- You facilitate threat modeling exercises to ameliorate gaps in security against multiple attack vectors, and author remediation plans.
- You display a firm grasp on basic infrastructure design and topologies.
- You create networked applications using modern semantics and protocols within the same vein as RESTful, gRPC, GraphQL, Avro, or Thrift.
- You are highly motivated, love learning, and continually strive to achieve your growth objectives.
- A careful deliberator, you concisely tailor nebulous concepts into respectful, patient communications to varied audiences.
- You have a voracious appetite for exploring new technologies and architecture paradigms counterbalanced by a predilection for simple, pragmatic solutions.
- Industry background is a plus.
Send your resume to: email@example.com