We are looking for a Technical Lead to join our Technology team and oversee a team of personnel focused on technical issues, including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks.
You will lead and manage engineering teams responsible for the design, implementation, testing and integration of software for our clients. With the support of the Project Manager, you will provide direction and coordination for new technology programs and ensure the successful development and delivery of projects. As part of this role, you will also be responsible for mentoring and developing your team members’ career paths.
Ultimately, you will also be involved in the recruiting process of the company by assessing potential candidates to join your team.
- Driving the preparation of the high-level technical design artifacts for software deliverables, involving and communicating with the respective engineering teams
- Gaining first-hand experience with the impact of the architectural decisions by contributing to the implementation
- Providing leadership to a diverse group of talented engineers across software, application development, and cloud services, communicate high-level technical strategy and product vision, encourage technical discussions, promote cross-functional projects, and facilitate code reviews to drive the shipping of high-quality code into production and on-time completion of projects
- Driving innovation of product solutions to ensure solutions are engineered for a secure, reliable, high performance, high availability experience for end-users
- Deeper follow-up investigation of technical tasks with engineering team (troubleshooting, issue investigations, bug reporting)
- Influencing the team’s success through technical as well as people leadership skills
- Growing your teamwork with recruiting to source, hire, and onboard talented and passionate engineers
- At least five years of experience technical leadership in a software engineering environment and ten years overall experience.
- A leader who can lead and motivate technical teams to design, test and ship maintainable code within a fast-paced, collaborative production environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional communication skills, and wisdom gained from building and leading teams responsible for large scale projects
- Love guiding and mentoring engineers along their career path -- whether they are a seasoned veteran or a recent college graduate
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly moving environment
- Open-minded, transparent, be able to show compassion and adaptable
- Solid development experience with one major programing language such as Java / .NET / PHP / Python and willing to learn other programming languages
- Proficiency in at least one of web application frameworks Symfony, Laravel, Django ...
- Knowledge in system administration (Linux, Apache or Nginx) and deep interest in scaling high-performance web sites, database optimization and web services (REST, SOAP)
- Good knowledge of OOP & design patterns
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with CI/CD Jenkins, Docker containers and GIT
- Experience with agile development methodologies and leading a team in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- A positive, “can do” attitude