Our Better World is the digital storytelling initiative of the Singapore International Foundation, which brings world communities together to do good. They unearth stories of people doing good in Asia and share them with the global community. That’s because they believe stories have the power to inspire everyone to contribute in meaningful ways. Through stories, they connect everybody: those doing good who could use mass support, storytellers who need their stories shared; and people who’d love to help but don’t know how to get involved.
Why Drupal Was Chosen
- Content Management Tools & Experience for Editors
- Powerful Content modelling tools
- Web services for Content in standard formats & API capabilities
- Ready integration with 3rd parties
- Conformance to Enterprise Security, Performance and Scalability needs
Describe the project (goals, requirements and outcome)
Our Better World wanted to develop a new website that will replace its current one at ourbetterworld.org. They see this website as a starting point of a new platform.
- Integrated workflow management to manage the story production process better.
- Develop the best mobile experience for users as much as possible.
- SEO best practices must be in place to ensure that all content is indexable with meaningfully crafted meta information.
- Integration with 3rd parties: Stripe, Paypal, Global Giving, ActiveCampaign, Shorthand, Typeform.
As OBW’s dedicated tech partner, Kyanon Digital took a holistic approach to reform how technology could enable OBW to achieve their goals. Kyanon Digital built a user-centric platform to empower the stories told by OBW and drive better community engagement. The new decoupled system has helped people discover good-cause stories, be inspired and make a contribution in any form in one streamlined journey.
The new platform marked a cornerstone where the team focus shifted from stories-centric to a tech-enabled storytelling platform, where they are empowered by innovative technology to engage people with their stories. It’s the beginning of a full digital transformation that OBW undertakes to reform their business model in the digital-first era and achieve bigger growth & revenues.
Key modules/theme/distribution used
Why these modules/theme/distribution were chosen
- Meta Tags allow us to keep our website up to date in terms of SEO.
- Search API was another important feature which was used to find results in the publication page.
- Elasticsearch Connector helps to integrate Elasticsearch into drupal.
- Reroute Email intercepts all outgoing emails from a Drupal site and reroutes them to a predefined configurable email address.
- Social Auth is part of the Social API. It provides a common interface for creating modules related to user authentication using accounts from external providers.
- Social Auth Facebook allows users to register and login to your Drupal site with their Facebook account. The module allows websites to request any scopes, so any tasks requiring authentication with Facebook services can be performed.
- Social Auth Google allows users to register and login to your Drupal site with their Google account. The module allows websites to request any scopes, so any tasks requiring authentication with Google services can be performed.
- Social Auth Twitter allows users to register and login to your Drupal site with their Twitter account.