Nippon Paint was established in Tokyo by Mr. Moteki Jujiro in 1881 and is now the largest coatings manufacturer in Asia. With a presence in over fifteen countries across two continents, Nippon Paint has been the pioneer in pushing technology beyond its limits. With constant effort in the improvement of paint’s protective functions and the creation of a large array of colours, Nippon Paint strives to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Why Drupal was chosen
Client wanted a consultation of a new CMS system for easier content management, as well as better SEO and Performance.
Describe the project (goals, requirements and outcome)
Nippon Paint wanted to revamp their bilingual website (Vietnamese – English) to make it more professional and attractive.
- Change into a new CMS which supports for Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing Campaigns.
- Optimize performance of colour search feature on the website.
- Change UX/UI to increase customer experience, especially when they look for paint code.
- Color coordinator function for each room: pick colors then click the wall to paint. (https://nipponpaint.com.vn/en/colour-code/reds)
- Colors and photos of paint from the old websites need to be kept.
- Pay attention to the site speed because there are many designs of new colors, and photos of paint.
Following a CMS feasibility audit, we recommended our team build the website with Drupal. Drupal was selected due to its scalability, compatibility and sophistication with building secure, complex and content-rich websites at an enterprise level. We were able to apply Drupal’s layout builder modules to develop intuitive custom solutions.
Based on this recommendation, Nippon Paint decided to revamp their bilingue website (Vietnamese – English) to make it more professional and attractive using Drupal. One of the highlights was the feature enabling visitors to see a demo of the selected color of paint (client’s product) right away on the example room/wall/house.
Key modules/theme/distribution used
Why these modules/theme/distribution were chosen
- Adapt the functionality of searching paint codes.
- By using views and block, it can help to reuse the web layouts.