Trinity Christian Centre (TCC) is an assembly of churches in Singapore, organizing many events and gatherings to connect their communities together. It is currently running a 25-year-old IT system full of layers and layers, to support their heavy flow of operations and activity management. TCC needed to build a completely new system which is capable of managing their massive operation scale as well as giving their communities an optimal digital experience in the digital-first era.
Why Drupal Was Chosen
- Drupal is well supported on web, restful, and json:api for mobile platforms and smart tv to connect and collect data.
- Drupal has a good structure which can help to develop new functionalities for better performance in future.
- The client needs a CMS system with high security that can be updated regularly.
Describe the project (goals, requirements and outcome)
Transforming TCC’s manual tasks to manage them on web app and mobile app platforms.
- Rebuild the website and app for operation management of the TCC church.
- Build a new mobile app in which leaders can manage the church’s activities and users can get access to all of the information, photos, posts, videos and events.
- Migrate the member data from a previous application (15 years ago) to Drupal.
Kyanon Digital is developing a new integrated digital infrastructure, thereby allowing them to transform how they work and connect believers smartly in the digital age. The first part is an operational system which will enable TCC’s staff to manage their members, community events and manpower mobilization of up to 1,000 people simultaneously every weekend. We are also building the new official website and mobile apps for their communities, so that people can find all the information and church materials, including keynotes and livestream from gatherings.
A “Netflix for Church”, Drupal is chosen as CMS to manage all the video/audio streaming, and pushing API to web/app front-end. The platform is serving 100k mentees of Trinity Christian Centre global. The new infrastructure is also scalable and configurable, allowing us to continue upgrading easily in the future with the ever-changing digital landscape and user behaviors.